Summer is here, and with it comes the scorching heat that can make us feel uncomfortable and drained. While curd may be a go-to food for many to cool down the body, other options are equally effective. In this post, we will explore ten foods that can help reduce body heat in summer, relieving you from the hot weather. These foods are delicious and packed with essential nutrients that can benefit your overall health. So, let’s dive in and discover these body cooling foods that can keep you refreshed and energized throughout the season.
10 Foods to Help Keep You Cool and Refreshed This Summer
While curd is commonly known for its cooling properties, several other foods can help reduce body heat during the summer. Here are ten such foods:
- Watermelon: With its high water content and cooling effect, watermelon is a great choice to beat the summer heat.
- Cucumber: Cucumbers have high water content and are known for their cooling properties. They can be consumed in salads or as refreshing cucumber-infused water.
- Mint: Mint leaves have a cooling effect on the body. Add them to beverages, salads, or mint chutney to enjoy their refreshing benefits.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is not only hydrating but also helps in reducing body heat. It is rich in electrolytes and can be a natural alternative to sugary sports drinks.
- Fennel seeds: Fennel seeds have a cooling effect on the body and can be consumed after meals or infused in water for a refreshing drink.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera juice or gel can help reduce heat body and provide relief from sunburn. It can be consumed internally or applied topically.
- Lemon water: Drinking a glass of lemon water can help cool down the body and replenish electrolytes. Add a few slices of lemon to a glass of water for a refreshing drink.
- Green leafy vegetables: The food to reduce body heat is green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, and lettuce have high water content and provide essential nutrients while keeping the body cool.
- Grapes: Grapes are juicy fruits that help cool down the body. They can be taken as a snack or added to salads and desserts.
- Yogurt-based drinks: Besides curd, you can also enjoy yogurt-based drinks like lassi or buttermilk during summer. These probiotic-rich beverages help cool the body and aid digestion.
Remember to stay hydrated throughout the day, avoid spicy and heavy foods, and consume these foods as part of a balanced diet to effectively reduce body heat during summer.